SC - civet

Joan Nicholson gryphon at carlsbadnm.com
Thu Jul 13 20:30:21 PDT 2000

In a message dated 7/12/00 11:54:42 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
jenne at tulgey.browser.net writes:

<< BTW, Ras, that lack of documentation that I found in response to your
 question about medieval potsmoking has come in very handy for demos with
 older teens. >>

Mores the pity since it is such a relatively innocuous herb and medicinally
quite valuable despite government and conservative propaganda to the
contrary. Of course, this does not mean that such documentation does not
exist. It merely means that it was not found by you (or I) at the time. I was
particularly impressed by your use of a 1930s citation to dismiss the current
research into cannabis.

The cornstarch idea sounds good for the purpose you are using it for although
orris root serves to preserve the scent. A property that I was not aware that
cornstarch possessed. I am not particularly adverse to the use of non-period
things so long as everyone is aware of it from the beginning.

Ras
The test of good manners is to be patient with bad ones.- Solomon Ibn Gabirol
http://members.aol.com/AbhainnCG/