SC - Re: Killer cooks

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Mon Jul 17 21:50:22 PDT 2000

On Mon, 17 Jul 2000, James F. Johnson wrote:

> > food, even if all you have is a flint chard (works OK, but is not good
> > for things like carrots and won't last long).
>
> If I can skin a deer and drill a hole in bone, I can skin a carrot and
> chop it with flint, jasper, or obsidian. Heck, I've even used
> fine-grained basalt for tools....

Sure, it can be done, in particular with a real stone tool. I was
talking about a thin "chard" (one of those 2-3" long. thin, translucent
slivers). Not the most durable tool.

/UlfR
 who won't start a "more primtive than thou" DSW

- --
Par Leijonhufvud                                      parlei at algonet.se
At the U of C, we were compelled to take it to uchi.test.d when users began
to coplain about responses to their test posts....
		-- Mike Scher (strange at tezcat.com)