SC - Kissing Comfits or Muscadines.

Elaine Koogler ekoogler at chesapeake.net
Tue Jul 18 06:06:17 PDT 2000

OK.  It's time for the obligatory "dumb question".  I have run across several
recipes that call for ambergris, musk, gum arabic and/or orris root.  Where does
one acquire such ingredients (please remember...I live 'way out in the "boonies"
in Southern Maryland.  Getting our own Mongolian Barbeque place was a MAJOR
event!)?

And, particularly with the ambergris and musk...is it safe to use these in
foods?  I had been told that they were used exclusively in perfume-type
applications and were unsafe in food.

Kiri