SC - Need help

AlviraMacD@aol.com AlviraMacD at aol.com
Tue Jul 18 12:11:34 PDT 2000

> For others, maybe. But the only one that has ever worked on my PH has been
> Mitchum's; and it has aluminum in it; so what do you do. I would be **so**
> unladylike to think of going without. Although it makes me wonder, what did
> period women use to avoid "odor"....?

Heavy scents, and of course the prevailing odors of the world around them.
(I think it was Alex Comfort who pointed out that Americans in particular
have a hang-up about personal odors, considering the perfect person to be
odorless is a modern concept.) The amount of scent-- and the heaviness of
it-- that people seem to have used would probably exceed most people's
tolerances. And the resinous materials renaissance ladies favored get more
odiferous when exposed to heat.

Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, mka Jennifer Heise	      jenne at tulgey.browser.net
	"Scratch a lover and find a foe." -- Dorothy Parker