"Taster's Choice" feast Re: SC - The Perfect Feast

Jenne Heise jenne at tulgey.browser.net
Thu Jul 20 14:30:52 PDT 2000

I've seen this mixup a number of times at grocery stores, especially when
having to identify my purchase to a bewildered cashier.  (A vegetable that
looks like the result of an orgy between an onion, a celery plant and some
dill? Naaah, not confusing at all!)  Invariably it's called anise.  It has a
mild licorice flavor, which might be the origin of the misnomer...

Ooooh, roast fennel.  Yummy!  When's the feast?  I'll road-trip!

Vicente