SC - Re: sca-cooks V1 #2454

ChannonM@aol.com ChannonM at aol.com
Thu Jul 20 16:53:15 PDT 2000

> Depends on what your definition of the 'perfect event' is. If you mean
> HISTORICALLY perfect then what interests folks or turns them off is
> COMPLETELY irrelevant. If you mean 'what will calm the masses' outside
> historical accuracy, then corn on the cob, chocolate covered cherries and
> turkey legs immediately come to mind....

Nevermind that it's completely irrelevant to the question of what the
people on this list consider a 'Perfect Feast'... but I've been dying to
ask this question and see what people's fertile brains came up with.

Postulating a group that isn't interested in period food, or has been
turned off period food by bad cooking or 'show-off' cooking. Suppose you
wanted to serve them a feast all of period food-- but not tell them it's
period. ('We have secretly replaced their mundane food with medieval
recipes....')

What would you serve? And what would you CALL the recipes you served?

Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, mka Jennifer Heise	      jenne at tulgey.browser.net
	"Scratch a lover and find a foe." -- Dorothy Parker