SC - Re: sca-cooks V1 #2460

Kay Loidolt mmkl at indy.net
Sun Jul 23 21:30:42 PDT 2000

Mordonna The DRY Cook said:
> Well, in the Valley of the Sun, we've had a week of highs over 110 degrees F.
> That's 44 degrees C.  Nighttime lows are about twenty degrees lower.
> Humidity is getting high, for us, too.  Dewpoints over around 55 mean the
> evaporative coolers don't cool very well.

Thank you for confirming this about evaporative coolers. The last one I
saw in Dallas or Austin was torn down over thirty years ago. Several months
ago when we were talking about period cooling, someone suggested evaporative
coolers. My thought then was that most of Europe was probably too humid
for them to work well.

- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net