SC - Known World Animal Husbandry and Arts and Sciences Symposium-KWAHASS

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Sun Jul 23 22:18:21 PDT 2000

Mordonna The DRY Cook said:
> Well, in the Valley of the Sun, we've had a week of highs over 110 degrees F.
> That's 44 degrees C.  Nighttime lows are about twenty degrees lower.
> Humidity is getting high, for us, too.  Dewpoints over around 55 mean the
> evaporative coolers don't cool very well.

Now about Mordonna being the DRY cook. I saw this mention in my local
paper today on Tequilla. Apparently the liquor is period, although not
produced on a commercial basis until 1785.

"The liquor had its genesis in the 16th century, when a curious Spaniard
distilled fermented juice taken from the heart of the agave plants that
dot the region. Until then, the plants blue fronds were woven to create
rooftops, baskets, rope and paper, while its root, a fruit resembling
a gargantuan pineapple, was cooked as a delicacy with the taste of honey
water.

By 1795, Jose Maria Guadalupe Cuervo was given the first official
permit from the King of Spain to produce tequilla commercially."

- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net