SC - Sour Doh question!!!

Mon Jul 24 08:49:20 PDT 2000

Good care of the gall bladder can help alleviate pain and symptoms of
gall stones.  Taking supplemental lecithin helps emulsify the fats in
your diet, and helps the liver and gall bladder deal with those fats more
effectively.  In cases of gall stones (mild ones, and this should prevent
the more serious ones) a gall bladder flush is recommended by many health
professionals.  It includes two tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil,
and the juice of one fresh, preferably organic lemon.  Drink this each
night before bed for 3 - 5 nights, and the gall bladder should flush
itself and be much healthier.  The first time I did this I was told just
to drink 8 ounces of olive oil straight for 3 nights, and to this day I
don't care much for olive oil. :p  I recenlty discovered the more
reasonable 'salad dressing' type version, and I like it much better.  I
just recently had a fairly serious attack, and the flush over the course
of 5 nights took care of it nicely.  I also take a tincture formulated
for liver/gall bladder, which includes milk thistle seed, barberry root,
dandelion root, Oregon grape root, fennel seed, Fringe Tree root bark,
ginger rhizome, licorice root, wild yam root, in a base of grain spirits.
 It is put out by Herbs of Light, and it provides nourishment to the
liver/gall bladder, takes pain away, and helps get over attacks.  Many of
the ingredients are specific for liver/gall bladder funciton, some are
blood cleansers, and others are tonics for the digestive system.  Much
more information about treatment options and diet, along with supplements
and castor oil packs can be found in "Prescription for Nutritional
Healing" by James Balch, MD.
Christianna
not making any specific recommendations, just giving some examples of
possible care options and my own personal observations