SC - Sour Doh question!!!

Korrin S DaArdain korrin.daardain at juno.com
Mon Jul 24 23:07:58 PDT 2000

Baron Akim talked some more about his Glaedenfeld Centre.

I just asked this of Akim in private email, but I thought I'd
bring it up here too, just in case I'm the only one interested
and if not, whether something could be arranged.

I'm interested in hearing a lot more about what Akim has planned for
his Gladenfeld Centre. What he has currently accomplished. What
he has planned for the future. How he plans to get there. I was
planning to find some time to discusss this with him at Pennsic.
But I was wondering if he could be prevailed upon to give a
class or lecture on it maybe even with pictures if he has some.
Perhaps under Dame Alys? Perhaps outside of the formalized
Pennsic stuff in someone's camp?

I do realize this is rather late to be planning things, but
I don't think it has to be elaborate.

So would others also be interested? Akim, would you be
interested?

Thanks.
  Stefan

> Besides nice weather, Gladenfeld Centre
> goings-on this week end included our first
> robbing of our beehives.  The little varmints
> are packing so much honey in the supers that
> we had to start taking some two months early
> as they were running out of room.  Looks like
> we will be getting about 25 gallons of very light
> coloured organic wildflower honey this month
> and another 30 or more gallons around the end
> of September.  The Fall honey will likely be darker
> as the bees will be into the two acres of buckwheat
> that will bloom in September.  I'll bring a few jars
> of comb to Pennsic to sample at SPCA.  I guess
> the buckwheat will produce pretty heavy.  What
> is the demand for organic buckwheat for groats?
> I'll also be harvesting 4 acres of organic sunflowers
> at the end of August.  Looks like I'll get about 3
> tons or so of sunflower seeds.  I didn't have any
> local brewers want the 6 acres of organic barley,
> so I plowed it under.  Too bad.
> Where is the KWAHASS event taking place?  It
> might be possible that Glaedenfeld Centre would
> be interested as a site for future such events.  We
> finally got our non-profit incorporation taken care of
> last month.

- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net