Fw: SC - t'ui sha-wood aromatic??? What is It???

Craig Jones. craig.jones at airservices.gov.au
Tue Jul 25 19:18:05 PDT 2000

Paul Buell replied to me:

>>Maybe sappan wood? I would need some characters.

Is there some place to find the original characters?

Phlip

Nolo disputare, volo somniare et contendere, et iterum somniare.

phlip at morganco.net

Philippa Farrour
Caer Frig
Southeastern Ohio

"All things are poisons.  It is simply the dose that distinguishes between a
poison and a remedy." -Paracelsus

"Oats -- a grain which in England sustains the horses, and in
Scotland, the men." -- Johnson

"It was pleasant to me to find that 'oats,' the 'food of horses,' were
so much used as the food of the people in Johnson's own town." --
Boswell

"And where will you find such horses, and such men?" -- Anonymous

>> Duke Cheng's Method for Brewing Wine
>>
>> from Ni Tsan's Cloud Forest Hall Collection of Rules for Drinking and
>> Eating.
>> Translated by T. Wang & E. N. Anderson.  Chinese Yuan Dynasty (14th
Cent.)
>> Text
>>
>> Thirty catties of white flour. A peck of mung beans, cooked soft. An
ounce
>> of
>> t'ui sha-wood aromatic. An ounce of official-quality cassia powder.
Thirty