SC - toys for tot feast

AlviraMacD@aol.com AlviraMacD at aol.com
Tue Jul 25 21:40:23 PDT 2000

I'd like to do this sauce as one of the options for the roast at our fall
feast.
Recipe 49: Swallenberg SauceRecipe 49: Swallenberg Sauce
copyright 1995 Alia Atlas

  1/2 cup wine
  1/2 cup honey
  1/4 tsp ginger
  1/8 tsp pepper
  1/2 Tbsp garlic (minced finely with @ 1 tsp salt)
  2 egg whites

Mix the wine and honey together. Heat that until the honey melts. Add the
ginger, pepper and garlic. Stir and turn the heat down low. Add the egg
whites,
stirring continuously. When the sauce turns brown, or about five minutes over
low heat, it is done. If there are solidified egg whites in the sauce, strain
them out. Serve the sauce.

Introduction to Guter Spise Table of Contents

Alia Atlas/ akatlas at mit.edu
  But I have a problem.  The site is bone dry.  Even cooking with wine could
lead to legal ramifications.  Can I substitute grape juice and have a
palatable sauce?  Alvira