SC - Threat of Saffron - funny

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 26 14:04:04 PDT 2000

About 6 months or so ago, my wife and I were in a super WallyWorld, one with the
grocery attached, and found a big misprint on the advertisement for McCormick
saffron; $10.60 per ounce.  I told the food service manager I wanted 1000 ounces at
the advertised price (WallyWorld does have the policy of making their
advertisements good), and watched him turn pale.  Wife wouldn't let me go through
with it though.  Then we watch the manager strip all the price markings off all the
spices in the store.  I still think we should have held them to he ad.

wajdi