SC - toys for tot feast

Jane M Tremaine vikinglord at worldnet.att.net
Wed Jul 26 14:23:38 PDT 2000

In a message dated 07/26/2000 1:34:55 PM Central Daylight Time,
rispoli at gte.net writes:

<< First check with the site manager or who(m)? ever is in charge of the
 kitchen.  I 've cooked at many dry site and have been allowed to use alcohol
 for recipes.  If that fails try to make the sauce up a few days before the
 feast. >>
I have.  it is the only site big enough for toys for tots here.  It is a
national guard armory that has been very good to us.  Unfortunately in our
area we would have to get a liquor license and be charge almost triple the
current site usage fee to even cook with alcohol.  It's part of the contract
we sign.  So I'll figure out a way to do it differently and save the recipes
with alcohol for the times when I can use them.  Alvira