SC - toys for tot feast

AlviraMacD@aol.com AlviraMacD at aol.com
Wed Jul 26 20:31:36 PDT 2000

> Marathon Mascara by Covergirl is nearly impervious.
> I've been wearing it
> for close to twenty years- you have to take it off.

Yeah.  There's a bounty in An Tir for "remove Lainie's
20-year-old mascara".  :-)

> Liner, on the other hand, is my bane, as well as a
> lipstick that will
> stand up to anything oily...
>
> 'Lainie

Lip liner.  Oh goodness.  My latest cultural cringe
comes from the custom--it seems very prevalent in
Hispanic populations, but I'm sure is not restricted
to them--of putting on very dark lip liner outside
the lip area...then letting the lipstick or gloss
wear off during the day and not replace it.  I have
to make myself not stare in stores and such.  It
looks so...odd.

Berengaria
who has really virulent "tear chemistry" that fights
any known mascara, sometimes to a draw  (also chews
through contact lenses at twice the manufacturer's
suggested replacement rate)