SC - Smithsonian dinner

KallipygosRed@aol.com KallipygosRed at aol.com
Thu Jul 27 08:41:10 PDT 2000

hey all from Anne-Marie

Laurene asks:
At 06:08 AM 7/27/00 -0700, you wrote:
>I've never cooked with it, but this post kind of reminded me of another
>product available, could you use a SPARKLING Grape Juice?  Those taste a
>wee-bit like wine, but absolutely no alcohol.  Or perhaps you could use a
>non-alcoholic wine subtitute?  That would have the liquid volume you would
>need, and also would have ZERO alcohol as well.   Again, I don't know how
>well these would work as cooking flavors, but thought it might be worth a
>suggestion.

I Have made non-alcoholic ypocras using de-alcoholized wine and found that
I needed to add a bit of lemon juice to give it more of a bite...it was too
sweet and bland for me, even with all those spices, and cutting down the
sugar.

also, part of cooking with wine is that the alcohol will actually extract
the flavors from your herbs, etc so you'll need to tweak that as well....

bonne chance! :)
- -Anne-Marie