SC - My anti modern cheese thing

AlviraMacD@aol.com AlviraMacD at aol.com
Thu Jul 27 10:20:51 PDT 2000

Grapenuts Kvass:
Add 1 16oz box Grapenuts per gallon and a half of boiling
water let stand till lukewarm and strain through sterilized
cheese cloth. Bring to simmer, and stir in 1/4 c molasses
per gal. Cool to blood heat, and add yeast. Cover and let
go  overnight to settle. Rack and Strain again into clean
sterilized container. Add two or three raisins to each
sterilized bottle and fill and cap. Should be ready in two
days.

I have never personally done it, but I have relatives who
have and they say it is fine.
I asked about bottles exploding, and they said that they
never let it go that long. Usually they make about a gallon
at a time, and it is gone in a week or so. ( they don't
generally bother with sterilization, just clean everything with
hot water and invert to dry until use. )

Brandu