SC - Re: A question of re-creation

Decker, Margaret margaret at Health.State.OK.US
Fri Jul 28 08:48:46 PDT 2000

- ----- Original Message -----
From: Jadwiga Zajaczkowa
> Yup. Paranoia about alcohol is not exclusive to the SCA, though there is
> certainly some of it around. A lot of paranoia about alcohol goes on in
> the public schools and churches.

I get a real kick out of seeing a label warning something like "these
liqueur chocolates may not be sold to people under 21 in the USA" on
chocolates which my 11 year old could (and has) buy with no problems at all
here in Australia.

I also get amused by the mental image of what Aussie uni students would do
if they were told they couldn't drink before they were 21.  About the only
thing which would mobilise them in these apathetic days, I sometimes think.

Gwynydd