SC - My anti modern cheese thing

BalthazarBlack@aol.com BalthazarBlack at aol.com
Sun Jul 30 13:06:46 PDT 2000

> I, too, have my reservations about our formalized A&S contests. However,
> maybe the thing to do is to try entering something sometime. You may
> well find that your experience is different because of your area or
> how you approach things.

Thanks, Stefan. Actually, my area IS different... I'm interested in period
herbalism and use of herbs, and experts in that area aren't found on
streetcorners in my kingdom.

So, we are founding an Herbalist's and Apothecaries' guild in our kingdom.
We are hoping to make some a splash at a new Herbal Symposium event on
September 16 (this year). I foolishly suggested that we should do an
herbal A&S competition... different categories of herbstuff: cooking,
scents, growing, etc etc.

I'm struggling with ways to make this both useful and encouraging for the
competitors (two things I can see will make a difference is having enough
judges so that they have plenty of time to write comments; and I'm
thinking of not letting judges have the sheets with the numbers until they
have filled out their comments sheets). Any other suggestions would be
appreciated...

(Also, if you are likely to be within driving distance of Hershey, PA on
September 16, and would be willing to be bribed to judge an A&S
competition... let me know.)

Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, mka Jennifer Heise	      jenne at tulgey.browser.net

"They do not preach that their God will rouse them a little before the
	nuts work loose.
They do not preach that His Pity allows them to drop their job when
	they damn-well choose. " -Kipling, "The Sons of Martha"