SC - The Madrone Culinary Guild

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Sun Jul 30 20:05:06 PDT 2000

Okee Dokee  here ya go. I will add the changes in ((Double Parentheses))

(Courtesy of Gourmet Magazine via  www.foodtv.com)

About  1 cup of confectioners sugar ((Confectioners  fructose, Ie coffee

grind the hell out of it... ))

3 1/2 envelopes (2 tablespoons plus 2 1/2 teaspoons) unflavored gelatin

1/2 cup cold water

2  cups granulated  sugar ((Fructose))

1/2 cup light corn syrup ((Brown Rice syrup))

1/2 cup hot water (about 115 degrees)

1/4 teaspoon salt

2 large egg whites

1 teaspoon of vanilla

Oil bottom & sides of a 13x9x2  inch rectangular metal baking sheet and

dust bottom and sides with confectioners sugar. ((Confectioners fructose

ie grinded  the hell out of...))

In bowl of standing electric mixer  or in a large bowl sprinkle gelatin

over cold waterand let stand to soften.

In a 3 quart heavy saucepan cook granulated sugar ((fructose)) corn

syrup ((Brown rice syrup)) hot water  and salt over  low heat, stirring

with a wooden spoon, until sugar ((fructose)) is dissolved.  Increase

heat to moderate  and boil mixture, without stirring, until a candy or

digital thermometer registers 240 degrees, about 12 minutes.  Remove pan

from heat and pour sugar ((fructose)) mixture  over gelatin mixture,

stirring until gelatin is dissolved.

With standing or hand held electric mixer beat  mixture on high speed

until  white, thick , and nearly tripled in volume, (about 6 minutes if

using a standing mixer or about 10 minutes if using a hand held mixer).

In a large bowl with cleaned  beaters beat whites until they just hold

stiff peaks.  Beat whites and vanilla into  sugar mixture until just

combined.  Pour  mixture  into baking pan and sift 1/4 cup

confectioner's sugar, ((confectioners fructose ie ground the hell  out

of it...)) evenly over top.  Chill marshmallow, uncovered, until firm,

at least three hours and up to one day.  ((Go to bed finally or go watch

a long movie...))

Remove from fridge.  Run a thin knife around the edges of pan and invert

pan onto large cutting board.  Lifting up one corner of inverted pan,

with fingers loosen marshmallow and let drop onto cutting board.  With

large knife trim edges of marshmallow ((skarf down on those pieces)) and

cut marshmallows into roughly 1-inch cubes.  Sift remaining

confectioners sugar ((Confectioners fructose blah blah blah)) into a

large bowl and add marshmallows in batches, tossing them to evenly

coat.  Marshmallows keep in an airtight container at cool  room

temperature for 1 week.

Yield: About 96 marshmallows

Prep time: 5 hours

Cooking time: 15 minutes

Difficulty: Expert

There ya go...

Now all ya gotta  do is find a fire to roast them on...

Nicholas  of Falcon Cree

aka

Ratboy