SC - Sweet Tisane

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Sun Jul 30 20:16:40 PDT 2000

WyteRayven at aol.com wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I just picked up a copy of a book, (actually it is more of a large pamphlet)
> entitled "The Beste of the Lotte."
>
> It was put together by the Madrone Culinary Guild in Seattle, Wa.  On the
> inside it says copywrite 1979  Culinary Guild of the Barony of Madrone.
>
> Is this group part of the SCA? Has anyone heard of this book, and if so have
> any opinions on it?

The Barony of Madrone is, IIRC, the City of Seattle and environs, in the
Kingdom of An Tir. We have some current members of the Guild here on the
cooks' list (they have their own list, too, and apart from a lot of
guild-specific content on activities taking place thousands of miles
away from me ;  (, a very sensible list it is, too!).

I don't know what the Guild was like twenty years ago, but I wouldn't be
surprised to find they were as conscientious and enthusiastic then as
they are now.

Adamantius
- --
Phil & Susan Troy