SC - Kid Slaughtering age (J/K)

CorwynWdwd@aol.com CorwynWdwd at aol.com
Sun Jul 30 21:29:24 PDT 2000

In a message dated 7/30/00 8:47:09 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
ringofkings at mindspring.com writes:

> "Mi' Lady,
>  If you expect spices like cardamom to be grown
>  by entrants in SCA brewing competitions,  you are
>  obviously acting like an ignorant and inconsiderant
>  dingbat, and are not qualified to be judging IMO.
>  I HAVE grown cardamom and to successfully
>  make it bloom and bear seeds requires careful
>  recreation of a semi-tropical environment and lighting
>  conditions to allow it to grow to the 12 or more
>  FEET in height at maturity for the adequate production
>  of the spice seeds.  This requires access to a
>  rather large greenhouse facility and about three
>  years for the plant to reach a size to bear seed.
>  Similar requirements (or longer and more difficult ones)
>  apply for cinnamon, nutmegs , etc..  The cooks IN
>  PERIOD did not grow their own spices; why
>  should you have such inane and ludicrous
>  requirements for SCA entrants to do so?

So, Akim... what's the problem?  Sounds easy enough to grow cardamom... we
should all do it now...

Balthazar of Blackmoor
(removing tongue from cheek now...)

In the mornin' I go walking, 'cause it helps the hurtin' soften.  I've seen a
lot of places, 'cause I miss her very often.