SC - a very tiny hurray and some questions

grizly at mindspring.com grizly at mindspring.com
Sun Jul 2 19:11:17 PDT 2000

sca-cooks at ansteorra.org wrote:
> <<<SNIP>>>Furthermore, I want to start trying out mustards. Mustards are nice on bread, but better on meat in my opinion... I was wondering about roasted beef. I looked through my medieval cookbooks last fall looking for a recipe for basic pre-1600 roast beef, but couldn't find one. Suggestions?   >>>

As beef is described as a "cold and dry"  food, you may find that roasting alone is not sufficient to make it a healthy meal.  You will find that humorists declare that boiling a roast of beef is the only way to adjust it's character.  Then, adding mustard will further ally it's cold nature for sure!  There a so numerous recipes for mustards... try many and experiment.  Platina's red mustard is delightful on beef and lamb.

niccolo difrancesco