SC - Borrowing (was Ginestada)

Vincent Cuenca bootkiller at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 12 06:31:47 PDT 2000

>I found out recently that large chunks of Granado are actually taken
>from Scappi.

I guess copyright was a pretty flexible thing back then...

The 1529 Castilian edition of "Libro de Cozina" takes an entire chapter on
household management from the writings of St. Bernard, and that 16th-Century
Spanish cookbook that Cariadoc has imaged on his website lifts the
meat-carving instructions almost verbatim from de Nola.

I wonder how much was added to and changed in its translation from Catalan
to Castilian...

hmm... could be a paper there...

Vicente