SC - Neat website

Elysant at aol.com Elysant at aol.com
Thu Jul 13 16:53:32 PDT 2000

- -Poster:  <Elysant at AOL.com>

Phlip said:

(snip)
>" Sauce Apicius from as Original Roman Recipe. Fruit Based.

> A sauce for spreading over boiled or roast chicken.

> Made in Wales by: Apicius Sauces Limited, The Brambles, Knucklas, Knighton,
> Powys LD7 1PW.

> Ingredients:
> Dates, Vinegar, Olive Oil, Honey, Anchovy Essense, Cumin Pepper, Thyme,
> Fennel, Mint Rue, Ground Asafoetida

> Elysant, since you're Welsh, do you know anything about the company? Any
> chance you and Ras might have time to wander by while you're on your
> honeymoon?

Hi Phlip.  No I had not heard of this company.  Powys is actually the same
county my family lives in, and where we'll be for a little while on our trip
over...  but it's the biggest county encompassing quite a lot of the central
portions of Wales, so it might be quite far and over some mountains to get to
the place.  Also, I've never heard of the town they're in either....

Anyway, I wrote and asked them about their sauces and also where exactly the
company is located.  With their permission I'll post what they send - if they
are wont to let me know more about their products that is....

Elysant