SC - Re: Killer cooks

margali margali at 99main.com
Thu Jul 20 04:36:25 PDT 2000

I would make the assumption that the butchers [men] wore the almost knee breeches
and plain infrilly shirt and plain jerkin thing that is seen worn in woodcuts and
other illos of huntsmen and tradesmen, ie-lower class working scum. Only somebody
who doesnt have to do the laundry would ruin a linen shirt with blood stains!
margali
and the working class women dodnt wear all of the frills and furbelows
either-that's why there is a class on working class elizabethan at pennsic this
year!