Not Smithsonian Re: SC - Smithsonian dinner

Jenne Heise jenne at tulgey.browser.net
Thu Jul 20 10:54:16 PDT 2000

> occurred to me that, while everyone is critisizing the menu choices for
> this feast, that perhaps someone on the Feat Team at Smithsonian already
> thought of the possibility of guests becoming confused?  Perhaps they are
> intending to serve a little recipe booklet with the meal (or some sort of
> pamphlette) that would specifically indicate which items were found at the
> archeological site, and which items are modern inventions???

Well, it isn't at the Smithsonian, but at the University of Pennsylvania
Museum of Anthropology and Archaelogy.

Since the guy who did the research is going to be speaking at the dinner,
I suspect that he will make it clear which dishes are based on his
research. So I'm not worried about them, but about people who are not
going to the dinner, just reading the website. (And this is not just
taking potshots at strangers. I've had it happen often enough that when
two sets of people create two different sets of documents-- which are
connected via the web -- the documents taken together tend to give a false
impression. It could happen to anyone...)

Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, mka Jennifer Heise	      jenne at tulgey.browser.net
	"Scratch a lover and find a foe." -- Dorothy Parker