SC - Pasta Machine (OP)

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Sun Jul 23 17:56:06 PDT 2000

twila hoon wrote:

> Greetings, I succumbed to temptation and bought a pasta machine at a yard
> sale for $5.00 - one w/o directions <g>  So I was curious if anybody had
> its type or a similar machine and would be willing to send me some basic
> instructions and or tips?   It is a Cross brand machine - says made in
> Italy and seems to have three 'feed' areas I believe (from looking at the
> picture in the William Sonoma online catalog) that two of the slots are for
> flat sheets of pasta and for fetticuine (sp)  but have no clue about the
> third.  Any help would be appreciated, it looks brand new _ and I want to
> play with it_ but I don't _even_ know how to clean the silly thing.

So is this a sort of laundry-mangle device with smooth rollers and
rolling cutters, or some kind of extruding thing? Do you have to crank
it? And finally, can you describe the unidentified slot in greater
detail? The one that isn't for either flat sheets or fettucine? It may
be for kneading, if it has smooth rollers but they're further apart than
the ones for flat sheets. The only pasta machines I'm really familiar
with are the ones that have two rollers for flat sheets (thickness is
variable) with a pair of brackets for mounting a cutter for either
fettucine or linguine-ish pasta, or a ravioli-filler-and-cutter, both
operated by the same crank in another drive opening.

Adamantius
- --
Phil & Susan Troy

troy at asan.com