SC - an Anectdote about Gall Stones (was Re: Bile, gallbladders and livers)

Lee-Gwen Booth piglet006 at globalfreeway.com.au
Mon Jul 24 09:52:51 PDT 2000

Many years ago, my mother (who is a sceptic from way back) had gall stones
and the doctor told her that she had no choice but to have surgery to remove
them.  She decided to get a second opinion from a friend who was a
naturopath/herbalist/acupuncturist et cetera.  He did "something" (I never
did ask what) and told her that at midday the following day she would
experience a bout of extreme pain and then the problem would be gone.  It
happened just as he predicted and she has never had problems with gall
stones again.  Friends told her that it was just a placebo effect or that it
was totally psychological and her response was along the lines of "I don't
care if it is all in my mind, I am not in pain any more and I didn't have
surgery".

Gwynydd