SC - Pasta Machine (OP)

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 24 12:55:23 PDT 2000

Hi.  I have a three slot Ampia pasta machine.  The flat one I use to help
roll the dough flatter (adjustable width) to feed through the spagetti part
or the fetticini part although it is for lasagna.  I use an egg noodle
recipe you can find in most cookbooks.  Sometimes I make a spinich/garlic
noodle or other variation.  As far as cleaning goes - NEVER wash it.  Very
little should stick and after any particles dry, use a brush (vegetable) to
clean it.  The machine will rust if it is washed and enough washings will
begin to break down the exterior finish.

I use mine fairly often.  It's pretty easy.  After you make the dough, roll
it out by hand and use the flat part if you want to make it more uniform.
The dough should be dry like pizza dough.  Once you run the dough through
the spaghetti or fettucinni cutter, hang it to dry on something.  I use my
wooden clothes drying rack.  I have found it best to let it dry for at least
15-20 minutes before using it but you don't have to I guess.

If you have a hand crank, just turn at a steady rate.  This is a good and
cool way to involve guests or kids in making the meal and they usually just
LOVE to do it! Have fun and let us know how it goes.
Olwen