SC - Smithsonian dinner

KallipygosRed at aol.com KallipygosRed at aol.com
Wed Jul 26 08:21:53 PDT 2000

In a message dated 7/26/00 4:47:18 AM US Mountain Standard Time,
Bronwynmgn at aol.com writes:

> Of course you can, if you want to.  But we were talking about a magazine
>  article which was supposed to be about medieval European foods and which
>  included soy sauce amongst the ingredients of one of the "medieval-style"
>  recipes which accompanied the article.  Hence my original comment.

And I thought the comment had been made that the article never supposed to be
purporting to offer "period" recipes but "medievaloid" recipes that could be
cooked in the style of "period" dishes. Someone had said the article was
accurate on styles of cooking, etc., but for modern palates, gave a series of
recipes using modern ingredients.

Or did I get that wrong? If I'm correct in how the thread has gone, then how
can one be upset with an article for not offering "period" recipes when it
states out front it has no intention of doing so? I understand that we
**all** have difficulty with misrepresented and misinformed facts stated to
be documentation, especially in a published format, but it would be unfounded
in the instance at hand.

Lars