SC - Grape Nut Bars

Lee-Gwen Booth piglet006 at globalfreeway.com.au
Wed Jul 26 21:36:52 PDT 2000

Here is the Grapenut recipe I mentioned.

Gwynydd

Grapenut? Bars Vegan
Shared by: Natalie Frankel
2.5 Points Per Serving
Now, here's the recipe for my favorite "must have" when I travel. It serves
as
a breakfast item, dessert or snack. Make ahead and freeze, if possible, wrap
in
individual servings and put in your cooler. They'll stay for the entire
drive
to Florida. This recipe is from the Healthy Heart Handbook (Neal Pinckney).
Enjoy.
3 C Grape Nuts cereal
1 C non-fat Soy Moo or any low fat soy milk or rice milk
1 C unsweetened applesauce
1 C raisins
2 tsp. vanilla extract
(I also use 1 tsp. almond and 1 tsp. coconut extract)
Preheat oven to 350o. Mix all ingredients together. Pour into a non-stick 9"
square baking dish. Bake for 35 mins. or until firm. Cool and cut into 12
squares. To add some interesting or favorite taste variations, add one or
more
tsp. of any of the following extracts: coconut, banana, almond, mint, or
cocoa
powder. Various spices can also be added: nutmeg, allspice, cinnamon,
ginger,
clove, lemon and orange peel. These bars keep well in the freezer and are
excellent for traveling.
12 Squares
Per square: Calories 155; Fat 0.41 g. (2% CFF using nonfat milk);
Carbohydrate
37.7 g; Protein 4.7 g. Fiber 4 gm.
kwvegan vegan

http://www.angelfire.com/journal/wwrecipes/index.html