SC - Grapenuts Kvass

Jeff Gedney JGedney at dictaphone.com
Fri Jul 28 13:06:30 PDT 2000

I'll try as well, but I have a lot of stuff already to take, and not
much room.

I'll try though to get SG measurements, and find a more scientific
system.

The fellow I go tthhis form said that there also were some Fruit
Kvasses as well, and talked some about a Strawberry Kvass his
mother made.

Mind you, a good deal of my infomration comes from a very dear
but very old gentleman, and his son (who evidently was very
popular in his dorm). Second and third generation Generic East
Europeans.
As for yeast, I'd go with a lightly flavored lager yeast, rather than a
wine yeast. ( though the "old man" used to use baking yeast )
A wine yeast would not stop fermenting as soon, and the result
would be less sweet. But that is just theoretical.

Brandu