SC - Re: A question of re-creation

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Sat Jul 29 16:37:55 PDT 2000

Jadwiga Zajaczkowa commented:
> *shrug* You know, it's a good thing I've been put off entering food in A&S
> competitions already....

I, too, have my reservations about our formalized A&S contests. However,
maybe the thing to do is to try entering something sometime. You may
well find that your experience is different because of your area or
how you approach things.

If you do, you might want to take a look at some of the suggestions given
in these files in the CELEBRATIONS AND EVENTS section of the Florilegium:
5x8-Doc-art       (19K)  2/17/99    "5x8 Documentation Is All It Takes:
How to
                                       Write Documentation for A&S
Entries" by
                                       Gunnora Hallakarva.
AS-food-msg       (24K)  6/ 2/99    Displaying food items at A&S events.

There have been a number of complaints here on this list about feasts
not being period or people's lunches at the list field not being period,
etc. Sometimes things like classes or A&S entries can be used to slowly
change things in a local area. So even if you don't win the contest,
some good can still come by your efforts.
- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net