SC - Watering the crops, but the lawn's dead <g>

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Sat Jul 29 19:07:09 PDT 2000

Mairie asked:
> Do you guys in Austin get humid heat or dry heat? My Texas geography
> kinda breaks down when you leave the Dallas/Fort Worth area.

Austin can be humid heat but is mostly on the drier side, especailly
when you compare it to Houston, three hours to the southeast, but on
the seacoast.

I grew up in Dallas. Austin is nicer, weatherwise. It is warmer in the
winter with fewer ice storms, yet because it is closer to the Gulf
it is cooler in the summer. We don't get much real snow in Texas, we
get sleet and ice or snow that turns to sleet. But it usually doesn't
last more than a day or two.

Unfortunately, way too many people have decided they like Austin, too.
The house prices are now some of the highest in the state. They used
to be among the lowest.

- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net