SC - Necromancy (was Polish medieval cooking)

Robin Carroll-Mann harper at idt.net
Sat Jul 1 11:02:32 PDT 2000

And it came to pass on 1 Jul 00,, that CorwynWdwd at aol.com wrote:

> harper at idt.net writes:
>
> > There's a chapter on necromancy in the autobiography of Benvenuto
> >  Cellini...
>
> And is there a recipe???

A description, but not a recipe:
"We went together to the Coliseum; and there the priest, having arrayed
himself in necromancer's robes, began to describe circles on the earth
with the finest ceremonies that can be imagined. I must say that he had
made us bring precious perfumes and fire, and also drugs of fetid odour."

ob food, from the same book: "After all was over, I turned to a plate of
salad on a bench there, and ate with hearty appetite, and drank together
with the whole crew. Afterwards I retired to bed, healthy and happy, for it
was now two hours before morning, and slept as sweetly as though I
had never felt a touch of illness. My good housekeeper, without my
giving any orders, had prepared a fat capon for my repast."

Lady Brighid ni Chiarain
Settmour Swamp, East (NJ)
mka Robin Carroll-Mann
harper at idt.net