SC - OOP-OT-Life Bites

Huette von Ahrens ahrenshav at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 2 21:25:22 PDT 2000

- --- "Laura C. Minnick" <lcm at efn.org> wrote:

> On Fri, 30 Jun 2000, Huette von Ahrens wrote:
>
> > --- "Laura C. Minnick" <lcm at efn.org> wrote:
> > > so I am back
> > > amongst the unemployed...
> <snip>
> >
> > I am sorry to hear this.  It seems so unfair.
> > However, you now are able to qualify for
> unemployment
> > benefits, which will give you some money until you
> > find your next job.
>
> Unfortunately, no- I'm not qualified for
> unemployment. In this state, you
> have to have been employed for 90 day before you're
> unemployed again- and
> I' started M 1st after some 11 months of looking.
> Pray it doesn't take
> that long to find something new...
>
> > You are in my thoughts and prayers.
>
> Thank you, so much...
>
> (telnetting from a friend's computer- it's sad that
> I can't even take a
> weekend off...)
>
> 'Lainie

I am sorry to hear that.  In Calif., it is one month.
Or at least it was the last time I was unemployed.
Some 17 years ago, I lost my job [I was fired] and was
denied benefits.  I worked several temp jobs, but they
didn't count.  So one of my SCA friends hired me for
her family business.  It was a temp position, but she
reported it as being a permanent position that was
eliminated and therefore I was laid off.  I was able
to get unemployment for one year before I found the
job that I have had for the past 15 years.  I have
always been grateful to my friend for her kindness and
help.  I have always found friendships within the SCA
to be the best, strongest and most fulfilling.  I have
tried to pass on her favor to me to others in need,
whenever I can.

Huette