SC - Lady Fettiplace Receipt Book

Terri Spencer taracook at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 6 16:46:32 PDT 2000

Lady Diana wrote:

> What I have is a small booklet, supposedly the first of three, though
> I haven't seen any others listed for sale yet...<snip>...My copy came
> from Acanthus Books
> (http://www.acanthus-books.com/acanthus-books/antiquity.html) and
cost
> $12.00. The blurb with the ordering info says that the next two
> volumes "will be available in Spring 1999". Oh, well............. ;-)

I bought all three volumes from Acanthus Books earlier this year.
There was mention of an index too, but I haven't seen it, so I've
started my own.

I would love to know which recipes were original vs. later additions.
Does the Spurling book give any indications of the proportion of
original recipes to additions, or where most additions were made?  Any
clues at all?

The webpage at
http://store.yahoo.com/acanthus-books/comrecbookof.html shows all three
volumes for $30 and says individual volumes are available, please
inquire.  Hmmm, think I'll inquire about that index...

Temair