SC - Cressee...revisited

Etain1263 at aol.com Etain1263 at aol.com
Thu Jul 6 18:41:36 PDT 2000

 Lady Phillipa Seton and I have been at it again!  We are "new" SCA cooks and
we get together from time to time to commit  cookery!  Today I prepared the
Cressee from Lord Cariadoc's redaction.
   As there were dietary constraints...we omitted the cheese and chose
instead to drizzle half with olive oil and  sprinkle on fresh chopped basil
and (owing to the sugar in the pasta recipe) sprinkled cinnamon on the other
half.  Both "worked", but I preferred the fresh herbs.  I used the "extract
the whole thread saffron in water" method..and got not a great deal of
contrast after cooking.  Mine was a bit undercooked...so make sure you cook
the pasta thoroughly.
  Phillipa made an absolutely lovely Strawberry Tart and boiled up some Kasha
Frumenty with rice milk to round out our "repast".  I will let her post the
information on those.
  All in all..we had a great afternoon cooking and discussing (my) various
garb-making questions!  Several family members appeared to help eat, also.
They agreed that everything tasted wonderful!  Thanks, Phillipa, for a
charming afternoon!

Etain