SC - SC- Kitchin Bitchin'

Elaine Koogler ekoogler at chesapeake.net
Mon Jul 10 07:36:00 PDT 2000

I agree with you wholeheartedly!  I would never have agreed to such an expansion
in the number of people I cook for.  I usually have an agreement with the
autocrat that I will cook for the number of people who make reservations (paid)
and whose money is in hand no later than Saturday the week before.  I will
usually add a specific number to that for folks who procrastinate until that
last week...usually one or, at the most 2 tables.  In some cases, there will be
an absolute top number, the number of people that the hall will comfortably
seat.

What happens then is that the autocrat/troll will create a waiting list of those
who do not make the above cut.  Any reservations that have not been claimed by
3:00 are then sold to the waiting list in the order that they were placed on the
list.

While we've had the occasional person to grouse about not being able to eat the
feast, there never has been any real problem with this.  Most folks understand
that we just can't be quite that flexible...especially as we have to plan ahead
in order to be able to present a good feast for as little money as possible!

Kiri