SC - Neat website

Philippa Alderton phlip at morganco.net
Wed Jul 12 08:26:05 PDT 2000

Actually, Margali, I have a small jar of one of those sauces, the "Sauce
Apicius", left over from the Care package Christina Nevin brought me from
England- although the date said "Best if eaten before Mar 2000", I've been
saving it for Pennsic- thought we all might enjoy it. I figured since it is
essentially a canned jam/chutney sort of thing, it would be just fine a few
months after its "best before" date. Shall we reserve it for a private SPCA
tasting, or shall I bring it to the Potluck for a tasting?

Label says:

Sauce Apicius from as Original Roman Recipe. Fruit Based.

A sauce for spreading over boiled or roast chicken.

Made in Wales by: Apicius Sauces Limited, The Brambles, Knucklas, Knighton,
Powys LD7 1PW.

Ingredients:
Dates, Vinegar, Olive Oil, Honey, Anchovy Essense, Cumin Pepper, Thyme,
Fennel, Mint Rue, Ground Asafoetida

120 g Lot 52 Store at room temperature.

For added flavour, serve with hot or cold Chicken, Turkey, Ham or Pork.
Delicious also with cheese or pork pie.

Elysant, since you're Welsh, do you know anything about the company? Any
chance you and Ras might have time to wander by while you're on your
honeymoon?

Phlip

Nolo disputare, volo somniare et contendere, et iterum somniare.

phlip at morganco.net

Philippa Farrour
Caer Frig
Southeastern Ohio

"All things are poisons.  It is simply the dose that distinguishes between a
poison and a remedy." -Paracelsus

"Oats -- a grain which in England sustains the horses, and in
Scotland, the men." -- Johnson

"It was pleasant to me to find that 'oats,' the 'food of horses,' were
so much used as the food of the people in Johnson's own town." --
Boswell

"And where will you find such horses, and such men?" -- Anonymous