SC - Hemp Canvas

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Fri Jul 14 22:56:06 PDT 2000

Rose replied to my complaint about not finding non-expensive hemp canvas
in the past:
> Stefan - How much would you consider reasonable for hemp canvas?  Dharma
> Trading company sells it for $8.95 if you buy the whole bolt (110 yards).
> Might be worth splitting a bolt with somebody.  They're online at
> http://www.dharmatrading.com/hemp_fabrics.html.

Thanks. That is by far, the cheapest price I've heard of. Of course it
would depend upon the wieght of the material, but that is almost
getting competitive since the canvas prices I've seen range from $4.50
to $8 per yard depending upon the wieght and sun and mildew protectors
added.

However, I traded my industrial sewing machine to get the current pavilion
I have. So I'm just hoping it lasts and I don't have to make another.
Of course, if I do make another one I could incorporate all those things
I've learned in the meantime....

- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net