Serving Dishes Re: SC - Re: The Perfect Feast

Jeff Gedney JGedney at dictaphone.com
Tue Jul 18 13:40:14 PDT 2000

> How do other groups manage a serving dish inventory? What about pitchers
> for drinks?

This is from memory from the last time I cooked an event, but...
Our household and Our Local Barony ( Dragonship Haven, East Kingdom )
went halvsies on a visit to to a Commercial kitchen supply place, and
acquired a bunch ( I think 20 ) of those Brown hard composite serving
trays 16 inches in Diameter, an odd assortment of plastic serving trays
round and rectangular, a stack of about 40 or so 12 inch stainless metal
bowls, a stack of about 40 or so 12 inch woven wood salad type bowls,
a stack of about 40 or so 4 inch woven wood salad type bowls, a stack
of about 40 or so 3 inch stainless steel bowls, assorted large stainless
spoons and stainless slotted spoons 40 Plastic Pitchers of the kind
that are supposed to look like cut glass.

The deal was that these would be made available for the Barony at
any Barony events, but the Household could have access to them
for Serving at other events where we are called on to run service.
At the time the Head of the Household ( "Lady Chieftess" ) was the
house Slave, Dyan, and she organized and ran serving for about 7
or 8 events a year.

I believe that one group or the other has since bought up the other
half's share, and the stock made up fo rthe other resulting in a
comfortable plethora of serving gear.

Actually now that I think about it, Dyan may have just bought most of
the stuff outright, and combined it with what the Barony bought for
itself about the same time...

Shoot, that is what happens when you have been in the SCA for
so long, your brain cells start to fossilize...

Brandu