Serving Dishes Re: SC - Re: The Perfect Feast

Anne-Marie Rousseau acrouss at gte.net
Wed Jul 19 07:39:35 PDT 2000

hey all from Anne-Marie
we are asked about serving dishes, etc

here in Madrone (Seattle, WA) each banquet we do, we tack on a small "dish
tax". That's about 25 cents per person or so right now, if I remember
right. The money goes to cover breakage and procurement of equipment and
serving stuff.

Most of our serving bowls are custom made pottery, made by an SCA member we
know. We also use generic white pottery when we can find it on sale, and
non agregious looking spoons as well. We have a garage pretty much full of
cooking and serving equipment that we've accrued over the 20+ years of the
guild history. We've just bought it bit by bit, and rent it out for other
local groups as needed....

works well for us!
- -AM