SC - Calaphon pots & pans

BalthazarBlack at aol.com BalthazarBlack at aol.com
Wed Jul 19 07:49:49 PDT 2000

In a message dated 7/17/00 7:05:13 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
morgana.abbey at juno.com writes:

> I see in the last Chef's catalog that there's something on the market
>  with a ceramic surface.  Anyone see/handle it?

I have a few ceramic coated pots and pans which I use on a semi-regular
basis, and they are very nice to work with.  Some do have a few chips in them
(from Granny, I think, since they've had them as long as I can remember), but
they work very well.

>  It's also been my observation and experience that professional kitchens
>  avoid non-stick pans because they don't want to have to keep 2 sets of
>  utensils.

I have never worked in a kitchen where non-stick was avoided.  I have worked
in some where it was not common, but there were still a few saute pans lying
around with that familiar gray-brown coating on them.  Truth be told,
though...the place where I work now only has three non-stick egg pans, and
those are used only for demonstration or tableside cooking in the dining room.

Balthazar of Blackmoor

In the mornin' I go walking, 'cause it helps the hurtin' soften.  I've seen a
lot of places, 'cause I miss her very often.