SC - posole?

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Thu Jul 20 22:55:17 PDT 2000

Bear commented:
> As for chili con carne, it appears to originate in the area that became the
> Southwestern U.S., some time between the 17th and 19th Centuries.  The
> traditional method of preparing and serving chili is similar to that of
> posole, suggesting that it may have been a pioneer's way of stretching the
> meat.

Ok, but what is a "posole"? I guess adding chilies could be used to
stretch the meat a bit further. If you add enough chilies, it's so
hot you *can't* eat much. :-)

And those who are going to be at Pennsic and think you *can't* add too
many chilies, come to the Ansteorra chili night and find out! Me?
I think I'll just stick to the mild and medium heat intensities. I had
too much hot chilli two years ago. Or was that the mead I had with it?

And the headcook this year is Poppa Gunthar!

- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net