SC - posole?

Fri Jul 21 10:44:47 PDT 2000

> As has been stated, Posole is a pork and hominy stew. Very spicy.
> I don't care much for it but that's because I'm not a big fan
> of hominy.

Actually, spicy depends on the recipe.  The variety I favor uses a little
pork to flavor the broth, garlic, onion, oregano and cumino.  Very mild.
Then you top it with the carne adobado which blows your head off.  In my
opinion, the seperate cooking of the posole and the pork marinated in chili
sauce produces a better flavor and makes the spiciness controlable.

A spicier version of posole uses 1 pound of hominy to 1 pound of pork and 3
to 6 dried red chiles cleaned and crushed.  You can leave out the chiles and
and use a chile sauce, if you like.

The light-'em-up-burn-'em-down version of posole has things like jalapenos,
chipotles, and habaneros chopped up and tossed in.

> I still wish I had some armadillo and rattlesnake. I have a
> very special
> chili in mind....
>
> Yers,
>
> Gunthar

With a special pot to serve it in, eh wot?

Bear