SC - Anise, Fennel (and a bit of dill)

LadyPDC at aol.com LadyPDC at aol.com
Mon Jul 24 08:07:14 PDT 2000

In a message dated 7/24/00 7:54:11 AM Pacific Daylight Time, troy at asan.com
writes:

> > Fennel and anise both taste of licorice but they are very different.
>  > Fennel seed is hard to find (except in health food stores, which sell it
>  > as a tea for dieting).
>
>  Also found in Indian markets, both as plain seeds and as multicolored
>  confits. They can also be found in large food-service-sized jars
>  (perhaps eight ounces, which is a lot of fennel) in both Chinese and
>  Latino markets. Actually, so can anise.

No problem,  plant one little plant and let it go to seed.  You will be
"finding" fennel seed in the most unlikely of places for all of the next
year.

Constance de la Rose

- - last year my lawn smelled of chives every time I mowed it, this year I have
a licorice flavored lawn.  Wonder what flavor my lawn will be next year?