SC - Barley (OOP...cold cereal)

Etain1263 at aol.com Etain1263 at aol.com
Tue Jul 25 12:54:45 PDT 2000

In a message dated 7/25/00 3:17:29 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
ahrenshav at yahoo.com writes:

<< It was a sugar-coated puffed barley.  I adored it as a kid, but my mom
would never buy it because it was sugar-coated.   I think it was called Sugar
Pops
 and had the phrase, "Sugar Pops are tops."  It had a bear as its logo.   >

The puffed barley with the bear logo is Sugar Smacks (now renamed "Honey
Smacks" because mom's wouldn't by something so "obviously" drenched in sugar!
::rolls eyes::)   Sugar Pops are a puffed corn (as in maize) product.  My kid
loved both....I used them as "bribe snacks" long before they started
packaging them as "snack food" in cannisters!

etain