SC - RE: Glaegenfeld Centre Doins

RANDALL DIAMOND ringofkings at mindspring.com
Tue Jul 25 18:59:26 PDT 2000

Stefan writes:
> [...]
class or lecture on it maybe even with pictures if he has some.
Perhaps under Dame Alys? Perhaps outside of the formalized
Pennsic stuff in someone's camp?
I do realize this is rather late to be planning things, but
I don't think it has to be elaborate.
So would others also be interested? Akim, would you be
interested?<<<<

If there are folks interested, I'll talk their ears off
about the Centre if they'll let me.  Actually, your
suggestion is much appreciated Stefan, I would
like to get some interest going in the potential for
this site to be useful to the SCA.  My merchanting
is somewhat up in the air at the moment as I have
just been informed at the last minute that the paperwork
for our booth was not processed by the Pennsic
Merchant Committee and I have no place to sell
my wares from at the moment.  so I may have a
lot more time to talk about the Cntre than I had expected.
Hopefully my inquires can locate a small bit of sales
table space somewhere before I leave.  It is funny that
the Centre is having a BOD meeting Tuesday night
of the last week ON SITE at Pennsic as two other
board members will be present.  We are going to
teleconference from Baron Pug's encampment with
the other directors who are stay-at-homes in Alabama
this year (Only in the SCA would a sattilite uplink conference
be held in the midst of a medieval warsite!).  I am sure I
could get these gentles to attend an informal information
meeting.  I am spending this coming weekend  with our
graphics/ powerpoint wiz (our CEO) up in the Blue Ridge.
Perhaps I can get him to crank out some graphics for a
discussion group.  As I mentioned, one board member is
Baron Pug, a past territorial for many years up East Kingdom
way (I'm not sure exactly where; it might now be in
Aethelmark).   At any rate, Baron Pug is our Corporate
Treasurer (not a difficult task at the moment with our vast
finances).  Mistress Eleanor of Ashley is our Director of Arts
and has just come onto the board.   She will be putting
together programs for the Resource Library, Archives and
School projects (still conceptual at this point).

We are going to be looking for persons interested in
developing the myrid things we hope the Centre can
become someday to benefit all.  I look forward to
meeting interested folks at Pennsic.

Obligatory food related content:  I am sure that we
will (as cooks) have lots to say about what kinds of
period food crops and animals that will be raised at
Glaedenfeld Centre.  Actual agriculutural period
practice and husbandry will be part and parcel of the
Centre as much as the academics of period cookery.
If we can find a VCR (horrors) somewhere on site available, I
can bring a tape showing the kinds of formal gardens
that are planned for the Centre as I have extensive
coverage of my past efforts.

Akim Yaroslavich
"No glory comes without pain"